Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT) is a very specialized form of manual therapy. A therapist trained in NMT has advanced knowledge of anatomy and all the origins and insertions of the muscles in the body. They are trained to know the skeletal, muscular and the nervous system and how each system corresponds to one another. NMT is a whole mind-body approach to treatment. Click to Read More
Derived from the Latin words "myo" - meaning muscle, and "fascia" - for band; myofascial release therapy releases tension from the fibrous bands of connective tissue (fascia). Myofascial release therapy aims to free constrictions or blockages in the fascia, thereby alleviating problems with connective tissue scarring, injury and postural distortions. Disruptions of the fascial network are freed and tension on bones, muscles, joints and nerves is relieved. Ultimately, myofascial release restores complete balance back to the body. Click to Read More
Knowledge of physical and emotional changes that occur with pregnancy and advanced training in the anatomy of the pregnant woman is very important. The differences you will experience with a 'regular' massage and a prenatal or postnatal massage will vary with the training of your therapist and so it is very important to find a qualified therapist certified in pre and postnatal massage. Click to Read More
Testimonals from beloved clients
• Lisa K - "Shelly is incredible at what she does! She has such a kind personality that relaxes you, and makes you comfortable during your session. I felt so at ease and able to relax which allowed some really deep muscle tension I'd been carrying to let go. I left with such a weight lifted off my shoulders and I would refer her to everyone! By far, she is the best at what she does"
• Lauren C - "I require a really firm touch for a normal deep tissue. Shelly is my usual therapist. Hands down the best. She's amazing, especially considering all the bizarre problems I bring to her."
• Erin L - I have been lucky enough to be a client of Shelly's for nearly a year. Her massages are the best I've ever had. She and I talk before each session about my needs and aches and pains. Shelly is by far the best masseuse I've had, and I saw regular masseuse at Massage Envy for over 2 years straight. I cannot recommend her enough. She is amazing, and perceptive, and truly gifted.
• Geralyn B - Shelly, I'm so glad you are offering more hours. The DH works like a dog, and he NEEDS those massages on Sundays. He felt so good and relaxed after his last one! He has so many painful spots, and he said you even worked out some he didn't know he had! He was so happy and felt really good. He is looking very forward to his next one. Thank you so much for doing this for him! We really appreciate it! ❤
• Melissa S - With fibro and chronic fatigue and many other issues, Shelly has come to be the ONLY therapist I trust to know how to deal with my body and coach me on how to help it. I'm scheduling for every weekend after a pay check I think until I get some joint issues figured out with her since I know she WILL figure them out and coach me on how to continue. Love love love love her to death!!!!
• Joe D - Your loyalty pricing for being a long time client makes me feel appreciated. I've been seeing you since you had your office on Alexis Rd and will follow you anywhere!
• Becky S - I've had massages all over the world and love your work more than anywhere I have ever been.Thank you for all you do.