...helping you function at your personal best
Massage Therapy Services
See descriptions of various styles below
Shelly has been a licensed massage therapist since 2001, graduating at the top of her class from the Ann Arbor Institute of Massage Therapy. She offers a blend of holistic therapeutic massage, postural, and lifestyle assessment for each session. Holding several certifications, its hard to choose a specialty; however, with a life-long history as a migraine suffer Shelly holds a high degree of confidence and skill for addressing the anterior neck and upper cervical issues. With a passion for empowering people in their childbearing years, Shelly also specializes in pre-conception, pregnancy, birth, and postpartum massage.
I believe in the power of intention and the healing power of touch. We all possess the innate ability to heal ourselves; sometimes we just need a little help. I am committed to helping clients regain and maintain a sense of well-being by providing space (physically, emotionally) where they can take a break from life's stresses and reconnect with self. I offer this within a comfortable and safe environment which allows and encourages self-reflection and self-appreciation. My primary goal is to provide and encourage a relaxing experience that re-establishes the mind-body connection. My intention is to focus entirely on the individual during their session in order to facilitate the body's natural ability for self-healing; this work is often intuitively guided but also relies on good therapist-client communication throughout the session. In a session with me, we may assess your overall lifestyle, factors that contribute to any ongoing stress or postural issues so I can offer you focused pain relief, stress reduction, and healing. I feel the best way to educate clients is through communication. There will always be room for discussion - before, during, and after each session.
Rates (add sales tax):
30 minutes: $45 (focus on 1 or 2 areas)
60 minutes: $80
90 minutes: $110
120 minutes: $130
**Special service: In-home Postpartum Massage: 60 min $120.00, 90 min $160.00
"Loyalty Rate" for long term clients (ten+ years) $65/hr
Schedule 5 sessions in advance at full price (use at your desired frequency) and upon completion of 5th session receive Gift Certificate for a one-hour session, use for yourself, or give away as a gift! *Repeat cancellations will cancel this offer
Midwives College of Utah 2018 - Present
Bachelors of Midwifery -expected graduation 2023
Ann Arbor Institute of Massage Therapy 2001
650 hours, Therapeutic Massage. Licensed by the State of Ohio Medical Board. http://med.ohio.gov/.
University of Toledo - Toledo, Ohio 1997
Associate of Applied Science in Cardiovascular Technology
BLS, ACLS, Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
Certified Pre-& Perinatal Massage Therapy
Upper Body Protocols of Myofascial Release (I), Lower Body Protocols of Myofascial Release (II), Full Body Myofascial Release (III)
Neuromuscular Therapy (Level I, II, & III)
Sports Massage (Level I & II)
Birth Doula – DONA international
Crystalline Consciousness Technique
Usui Reiki Energy Practitioner
Certified Midwife Assistant
Prenatal & Postpartum Care
Holistic Nutrition for the Childbearing Years
Homeopathy for the Birth Bag, Vaccines & Informed Choices
Lactation & Breastfeeding Basics
Aromatherapy, Flower Essences, Homeopathy 101
Intro to Craniosacral Therapy, Reflexology I, Shiatsu
Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT) is a very specialized form of manual therapy. A therapist trained in NMT has advanced knowledge of anatomy and all the origins and insertions of the muscles in the body. They are trained to know the skeletal, muscular and the nervous system and how each system corresponds to one another. NMT is a whole mind-body approach to treatment. Click to Read More
Derived from the Latin words "myo" - meaning muscle, and "fascia" - for band; myofascial release therapy releases tension from the fibrous bands of connective tissue (fascia). Myofascial release therapy aims to free constrictions or blockages in the fascia, thereby alleviating problems with connective tissue scarring, injury and postural distortions. Disruptions of the fascial network are freed and tension on bones, muscles, joints and nerves is relieved. Ultimately, myofascial release restores complete balance back to the body. Click to Read More
Knowledge of physical and emotional changes that occur with pregnancy and advanced training in the anatomy of the pregnant woman is very important. The differences you will experience with a 'regular' massage and a prenatal or postnatal massage will vary with the training of your therapist and so it is very important to find a qualified therapist certified in pre and postnatal massage. Click to Read More
• Lisa K - "Shelly is incredible at what she does! She has such a kind personality that relaxes you, and makes you comfortable during your session. I felt so at ease and able to relax which allowed some really deep muscle tension I'd been carrying to let go. I left with such a weight lifted off my shoulders and I would refer her to everyone! By far, she is the best at what she does"
• Lauren C - "I require a really firm touch for a normal deep tissue. Shelly is my usual therapist. Hands down the best. She's amazing, especially considering all the bizarre problems I bring to her."
• Erin L - I have been lucky enough to be a client of Shelly's for nearly a year. Her massages are the best I've ever had. She and I talk before each session about my needs and aches and pains. Shelly is by far the best masseuse I've had, and I saw regular masseuse at Massage Envy for over 2 years straight. I cannot recommend her enough. She is amazing, and perceptive, and truly gifted.
• Geralyn B - Shelly, I'm so glad you are offering more hours. The DH works like a dog, and he NEEDS those massages on Sundays. He felt so good and relaxed after his last one! He has so many painful spots, and he said you even worked out some he didn't know he had! He was so happy and felt really good. He is looking very forward to his next one. Thank you so much for doing this for him! We really appreciate it! ❤
• Melissa S - With fibro and chronic fatigue and many other issues, Shelly has come to be the ONLY therapist I trust to know how to deal with my body and coach me on how to help it. I'm scheduling for every weekend after a pay check I think until I get some joint issues figured out with her since I know she WILL figure them out and coach me on how to continue. Love love love love her to death!!!!
• Joe D - Your loyalty pricing for being a long time client makes me feel appreciated. I've been seeing you since you had your office on Alexis Rd and will follow you anywhere!
• Becky S - I've had massages all over the world and love your work more than anywhere I have ever been.Thank you for all you do.